-How to measure your pet’s neck for a proper fit-
- Use a flexible measuring tape. If you do not have one, you can use string and then measure the string.
- With your pet sitting or standing, measure at the base of your pet’s neck where the collar will rest as shown below.
- Make the tape snug but not tight. Do not add any length or put fingers under the tape, this will result in a lose fitting collar. (This measurement is used for reference, I will add the proper amount of length when I make the collar.)
- If your pet has loose skin hanging from its neck, do not include this in the measurement as it will result in a lose fitting collar.
- Round to the nearest half inch and select this length when ordering.
* For Martingale style collars, repeat this process at the top of your dog’s neck where it meets the skull. Use this measurement for the “Top of Neck” box.
Click on images to enlarge